BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
rodrigo_pereira
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello Experts,

I'm trying to unload data from LASR Server through the Administrator in VA (version 7.1) and I'm having issues for some tables. 

The steps I did were:

1) In Administrator, LASR -> Manage Tables

2) For the desired tables, "Unload" button

I'm getting a failure message and when I check the log I see the following error description: "Metadata Server denied access to operation". 

Do you know why this could happen? 

Thank you in advance,

Rodrigo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alexal
SAS Employee

@rodrigo_pereira,

First of all, make sure that you have these permissions on the metadata server:

• LASR Server, LASR Library, and the metadata folder associated with LASR library - ReadMetadata (RM)
  • Table - ReadMetadata (RM), Read (R), Write (W)

All required permissions are listed in VA Admin Guide -> Permissions by Task (page 33). If you have these permissions, please send this file from the middle tier along with a table name:

• /<SASConfig>/Lev<X>/Web/Logs/SASServer12_1/SASLASRAuthorization7.1.log

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
alexal
SAS Employee

@rodrigo_pereira,

First of all, make sure that you have these permissions on the metadata server:

• LASR Server, LASR Library, and the metadata folder associated with LASR library - ReadMetadata (RM)
  • Table - ReadMetadata (RM), Read (R), Write (W)

All required permissions are listed in VA Admin Guide -> Permissions by Task (page 33). If you have these permissions, please send this file from the middle tier along with a table name:

• /<SASConfig>/Lev<X>/Web/Logs/SASServer12_1/SASLASRAuthorization7.1.log
rodrigo_pereira
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello alexal,

Thank you.

It was indeed a permissions issue. I added the roles "Metadata Server: Operation", "Metadata Server: Unrestrited" and "Metadata Server: User Administration" to my user and the problem was solved.

I also noticed that the log "SASLASRAuthorization7.1.log" has already 839 MB. There is any way to shrink the log? Maybe delete the file?

Thank you for your support. I'm a little newby in these SAS administration tasks.

Rodrigo

alexal
SAS Employee

@rodrigo_pereira,

You are welcome!

>> There is any way to shrink the log?

Just run this command from Linux console

> /<SASConfig>/Lev<X>/Web/Logs/SASServer12_1/SASLASRAuthorization7.1.log

rodrigo_pereira
Obsidian | Level 7

Sorry alexal, which command?

rm <file> to remove the log ?

alexal
SAS Employee

@rodrigo_pereira,

> /<SASConfig>/Lev<X>/Web/Logs/SASServer12_1/SASLASRAuthorization7.1.log

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation