BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

I am unable to load data into Lasr server via autoload facility its throwing error : 

15 /* ------- No edits necessary below this line -------- */
16 filename inclib "&INCLUDELOC.";
17 %include inclib ( AutoLoadMain.sas );
3832 %AutoLoadMain;
No matching SASLibrary objects found. (RC=-4 )
ERROR: LASR Auto Load directory MISSING does not exist.
ERROR: LASR Auto Load directory MISSING/Logs does not exist.
ERROR: LASR Auto Load directory MISSING/Append does not exist.
ERROR: LASR Auto Load directory MISSING/Unload does not exist.
ERROR: LASR Auto Load directory validation failed.
ERROR: Ensure that connection to metadata server is configured properly
ERROR: and that the proper autoload folder structure exists.

ERROR: Errors printed on page 2.

I alredy set the value of VA.AutoLoad.Enabled extended attribute of Visual Analytics Public LASR Library is "Yes" but still its throwing the same error.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

I see here 2 different topics/concerns that should be separated:

Execution permissions of schedule.sh: I am afraid that sudo won't be enough. THis is a basics on Linux, not exactly SAS related. Your user will still require the right permissions/group membership. Is your user within the sas group?

Autoload errors: they seem to occur because the user that launches/triggers the autoload is not registered in the metadata and/or cannot see certain resources. This is quite simple: if you access with the user to SMC, on the folders tab you should be able to see the relevant resources (library/server/tables) and it will require read metadata, write metadata, read, write on those relevant.

Both issues are easy to solve within 5-10 min with access to your system, but a bit hard by sharing batches of questions and pieces of information. If your problem remains for long time here, I would suggest you to get SAS Consulting services or from a partner specialized on VA administration.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
sewa_bal_gmail_com
Quartz | Level 8

I am unable to load data into Lasr server via autoload facility its throwing error : 

15 /* ------- No edits necessary below this line -------- */
16 filename inclib "&INCLUDELOC.";
17 %include inclib ( AutoLoadMain.sas );
3832 %AutoLoadMain;
No matching SASLibrary objects found. (RC=-4 )
ERROR: LASR Auto Load directory MISSING does not exist.
ERROR: LASR Auto Load directory MISSING/Logs does not exist.
ERROR: LASR Auto Load directory MISSING/Append does not exist.
ERROR: LASR Auto Load directory MISSING/Unload does not exist.
ERROR: LASR Auto Load directory validation failed.
ERROR: Ensure that connection to metadata server is configured properly
ERROR: and that the proper autoload folder structure exists.

ERROR: Errors printed on page 2.

I alredy set the value of VA.AutoLoad.Enabled extended attribute of Visual Analytics Public LASR Library is "Yes" but still its throwing the same error.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @sewa_bal_gmail_com,

there can be many reasons for those errors. Could you please give us some history and information about this autoload library?

Is it one of the default ones provided by SAS or is it a new one, a custom autoload folder? Was it working any time? When did it started to fail?

Now, also some heads up:

The autoload normally works as a 3 headed solution: your metadata library+server, your physical location and your scripts. If any of them are misaligned, you will find issues as the one above.

Some examples:

- if your scripts point to wrong metadata locations.

- If your metadata library points to wrong metadata folders or wrong physical locations.

- etc.

Do you have a SAS Administrator at your company? I would ask him for checking into this issue. Of course, we can help him/you in the meantime.

sewa_bal_gmail_com
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks,

I am using the first time via autoload facility and also this is one default provided by SAS.

Please se attcahed details log with source2 mprint and other option. Hope you will help you to figure out root cause.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @sewa_bal_gmail_com,

unfortunately this is not helping much, except the fact that your directories are not being resolved.

Please give us more information: Version of VA, your Operating System, user that is actually running/having scheduled the autoload.

Also in the meantime, I suggest some reading:

"How Do I Create New Autoload Implementations in SAS Visual Analytics 7.1?" : http://support.sas.com/training/tutorial/gel/gelva03.html (this should be your basics)

SAS BLOGS HOME > SAS USERS > SAS VISUAL ANALYTICS AUTOLOAD CONFIGURATION MADE EASY
SAS Visual Analytics autoload configuration made easy: http://blogs.sas.com/content/sgf/2016/04/04/sas-visual-analytics-autoload-configuration-made-easy/ (now very easy to create your own autoload folders, and it will prevent you from many human errors)

sewa_bal_gmail_com
Quartz | Level 8

SAS VA version : 7.3

User: I have triggered with sas user id via sudo rights as when I trigger with my id it throws below error: 

-bash: ./schedule.sh: Permission denied

But i am able to triggered with sas user via sudo rights.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Ok, thank you @sewa_bal_gmail_com.

New set of questions:

• Linux with VA distributed or single server?
  • Do you have SAS Token on your Workspace Server, or Host Authentication?
  • is the sas user registered in the metadata on a way that you can log in to the SAS Management Console with this user?
  • Has the sas user got the right permissions on the Public LASR, on the Autoload Library, on the OS folders, etc?

Personally I would schedule this script with lasradm user. And ensure you/ the gets the righ permissions to the folders/scripts

sewa_bal_gmail_com
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks for quick response.

Below are the details as requsted.

Distributed

• Do you have SAS Token on your Workspace Server, or Host Authentication

Don't know how to check.

• is the sas user registered in the metadata on a way that you can log in to the SAS Management Console with this user?

sas user not registred in metadata but my personal id is registerd in metadata.

• Has the sas user got the right permissions on the Public LASR, on the Autoload Library, on the OS folders, etc? 

Yes sas has a access right on these below dir : -

/opt/sas/config/Lev1/Applications/SASVisualAnalytics/VisualAnalyticsAdministrator/EVDMLA

/opt/sas/config/Lev1/AppData/SASVisualAnalytics/VisualAnalyticsAdministrator/AutoLoad/EVDMLA

Personally I would schedule this script with lasradm user. And ensure you/ the gets the righ permissions to the folders/scripts

When I schedule with lasradm its throwing the same error as my personal :

bash: ./schedule.sh: Permission denied

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

OK, thank you again. Let's try to aim for some answers now.

I am a bit confused. You said that sas user is not registered, yours it is. And you mention the sas user has access on some metadata folders.... would this mean your user has access on both OS folders and Metadata folders?

if you run a:

ls -la ./schedule.sh
ls -la /{your_autoload_folder_path}

What do you get? Feel curious what users and groups has got access and what kind of access...

Points here: the same OS user that triggers the initial autoload, is the one who will start the Public LASR server. This means:

• This user is a OS user
  • With enough permissions (r-x at least) over the scripts and the autoload folder
  • Registered in the SAS metadata
  • with enough permissions on the Public LASR, the autoload folder, 

Finally,.... what you reference AutoLoad/EVDMLA is not a "normal" autoload folder, this autoload folder is made specifically for loading the Environment Manager Data Mart (which will be enabled only when you set the Extended Monitoring https://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/evug/67886/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p0h7p9v8da676jn13vcj... ...I wonder if this is the same script you are tying to schedule or a different one. Beware there are 2 or 3 different autoload folders out of the box. If not, you will need to 

PS. All in all, I strongly recommend you by having a good read of the SAS Visual Analytics Administration Guide https://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/va/ 

Did you read already this one?

sewa_bal_gmail_com
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks for you reply.

I am also bit confused. I mentioned above that my user dont have access to shedule.sh script and my id also registered in metadata with full access.

As my id has sudo access, via sudo access (sas user) I am trigerring the  shedule.sh script . Please see below access details for sas user via sudo rights.

sas@sasprod01 EVDMLA]$ ls -la ./schedule.sh
-rwxrwx---. 1 sas sas 357 Dec 23 2015 ./schedule.sh

[sas@sasprod01 AutoLoad]$ ls -la /opt/sas/config/Lev1/AppData/SASVisualAnalytics/VisualAnalyticsAdministrator/AutoLoad
total 13580360
drwxrwxrwx. 8 sas sas 4096 Feb 6 13:27 .
drwxr-xr-x. 4 sas sas 4096 Dec 23 2015 ..
drwxrwxrwx. 2 sas sas 4096 Dec 23 2015 Append
drwxrwxrwx. 6 sas sas 4096 Feb 6 16:13 EVDMLA
drwxrwxrwx. 2 sas sas 4096 Dec 23 2015 Formats
drwxrwxrwx. 2 sas sas 4096 Dec 23 2015 Logs
drwxrwxrwx. 2 sas sas 4096 Dec 23 2015 Unload
drwxrwxrwx. 6 sas sas 4096 Dec 23 2015 VALIBLA

I noticed there is no sas user define in sas metadata(in SAS metadata console).

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

I see here 2 different topics/concerns that should be separated:

Execution permissions of schedule.sh: I am afraid that sudo won't be enough. THis is a basics on Linux, not exactly SAS related. Your user will still require the right permissions/group membership. Is your user within the sas group?

Autoload errors: they seem to occur because the user that launches/triggers the autoload is not registered in the metadata and/or cannot see certain resources. This is quite simple: if you access with the user to SMC, on the folders tab you should be able to see the relevant resources (library/server/tables) and it will require read metadata, write metadata, read, write on those relevant.

Both issues are easy to solve within 5-10 min with access to your system, but a bit hard by sharing batches of questions and pieces of information. If your problem remains for long time here, I would suggest you to get SAS Consulting services or from a partner specialized on VA administration.

sewa_bal_gmail_com
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks for the reply.

Now my ID got the Execution permissions of schedule.sh but wehen I trigger the schedule.sh then process not triggered. 

Please advise.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Did you check crontab -l? And the logs of the autoload? It could be that you don;t have permissions for crontab.

I would ask a Linux administrator at your company since we are on a more basic stage, before SAS.

sewa_bal_gmail_com
Quartz | Level 8

I cann below entry in my crontab file

*/15 * * * * /opt/sas/config/Lev1/Applications/SASVisualAnalytics/VisualAnalyticsAdministrator/runsas.sh > /dev/null 

But there is no log in my directory.

sewa_bal_gmail_com
Quartz | Level 8

When I triggered the runsas.sh it throws error:- 

ERROR: Unrecognized SAS option name USERMODS_OPTIONS.
ERROR: (SASXKRIN): KERNEL RESOURCE INITIALIZATION FAILED.
ERROR: Unable to initialize the SAS kernel.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation