BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
manial
Obsidian | Level 7

When I upload excel file to VA, I found the following error

Due to a network issue, browser type, or large file size, the file "Test.xlsx" was not transferred to the SAS server. 

Please try again, try a different web browser, or contact your system administrator.

message explorer  log file..

com.sas.bicommon.selfserv.workspace.WorkspaceException: Could not get workspace connection

We can see data and report in VA.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
manial
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

It is a permission issue on sas executable file and workspace log folder.

Given read and read& execute permission to users and write permission to users for workspace log folder.

Alos givne permission to the sasappva folders and access to data provider library. 

So user can invoke sasappva work space server and they can import excel file to sas va.

This note will help.

http://support.sas.com/kb/50/817.html

Best Regards,

Manas

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @manial,

interesting question. I have a few questions back for you:

- is your SAS VA server a Linux or Windows server?

- are you loging to SAS VA with a Windows/AD/LDAP account or with a SAS internal account such as myaccount@saspw?

- It would be interesting to know if your SAS VA server's Workspace is set to have "Host Authentication" or "SAS Token Authentication"

The error you are receiving probably happens because the account might not be able create a proper Workspace Server. Please see this SAS Usage note http://support.sas.com/kb/52/121.html 

For your information, a Report Viewer (just report viewer) does not require a workspace server session, per-se, unless certain conditions are met. 

manial
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

Thanks for the response below are the details asked:

--its a windows server

--using AD account

--Access is using server access security host authentication

Br,

m

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

On a Windows system, the most likely reason why a user cannot launch a workspace server is that user's individual, external account does not have the Log On As a Batch Job Windows privilege.

manial
Obsidian | Level 7

Looked at the permission found that

Users are part of SAS servers group that is already have groups in Log on As batch job.

We have set  the authentication option to Host from propmt. but still getting the same issue.

Object spawners is restarted. Tried connecting to SASAppVA through eg 

it given COuldnot establish a connection to SAS AppVa

And also the Object spawners log given below error:

The launch of the server (SASAppVA - Workspace Server) process failed with an unknown status code (9009)

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I would suggest opening a SAS Technical Support track. It would be helpful to include the following:

• Version of SAS
  • Your Site number (see Locating Your Site Number)
  • A copy of the object spawner log that contains the error messages
  • What authentication method you are using for the workspace server used by Visual Analytics (I believe you said "host")
  • The errors that you see when you attempt to access the workspace server from Enterprise Guide and Visual Analytics

manial
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks!

Raised SAS Support Track. will update resolution once issue is resolved.

Br,

manas

manial
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

It is a permission issue on sas executable file and workspace log folder.

Given read and read& execute permission to users and write permission to users for workspace log folder.

Alos givne permission to the sasappva folders and access to data provider library. 

So user can invoke sasappva work space server and they can import excel file to sas va.

This note will help.

http://support.sas.com/kb/50/817.html

Best Regards,

Manas

HugoVini
Obsidian | Level 7

I have the same problem, Would you mind help me ?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation