BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I've a report which was generated in SAS VA and I wanted to email the same to the client. I've referred the following link to email the report but I don't understand how the URL is being is generated.  

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaug/68027/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p03vdeeu91u6gxn1267yi...

Appreciate if someone help me to understand to generate URL to share the report via email.

5 REPLIES 5
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Babloo,

can you actually see in the report viewer the File --> Email menus? If you click on them you will be able to send the report, a preview, the URL you mention (what do you need to understand on how it is generated?) and optionally a pdf ormat of the report if you have the appropriate roles/permissions assigned by SAS Management Console.

Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Yes, I wanted to understand how the URL is being generated in the email while we share the reports.

Babloo
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Thank you, could you please help me understand this sentence "The third name and value pair (appSwitcherDisabled=true) disables the application bar. It must be present if you are displaying the report in an <iframe> tag" ?

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The application switcher is what enables you to toggle between the different components like the viewer, designer, home, etc. That sentence is just saying that you have to disable this switcher when displaying a report in an iFRAME.

Also, note that the parameters that you use to construct a URL are not exactly the same as the parameters in the URL that is generated by the email feature.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation