BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SASExplorer
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Community,

We would like to customize(changing Colors) the UI of SAS VA in Sync with our Portal UI.

What files are to be modified to customize the SAS VA UI?

Plz share some links which can be helpful to implement the same.

Regards,

SASExplorer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

You need to build a theme as per the link provided above and then apply the theme to the report or apply the theme at the application level.

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

If you are wanting to change the theme (the collection of colors, graphics and fonts) that appear in SAS VA then have a look at the documentation About Application Themes in SAS Visual Analytics and Create and Deploy a Custom Theme.

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
SASExplorer
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi @MichelleHomes,

I think, what you've suggested can be implemented at the Report Level.

What I'm looking for is to change the (collection of colors, graphics and fonts) of the Application, so that when I'm using in IFRAME it will be in sync with our Portal. 

Is it Possible?

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Yes that would seem to be the case.

SASExplorer
Obsidian | Level 7

I've googled it, but didn't got any relevant links to implement the same.

Can you kindly share me the links?

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

You need to build a theme as per the link provided above and then apply the theme to the report or apply the theme at the application level.

SASExplorer
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks for your time @MichelleHomes 🙂

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Please note that customised themes only apply to classic view reports (Flash-based reports). You can't apply themes to modern view (HTML5-based) rerports. 

SASExplorer
Obsidian | Level 7

HI @SASKiwi,

I'm creating all my reports with Administrator Default option, so creating theme and applying will work?

I need a clarification on this

Default Appearance

Modern -> uses HTML5 -- If I use HTML5, is there any option to apply custom theme or make UI Color Chages?

Classic -> uses Flash

Administrator Default -> uses ?

Plz share some links, whichever method works for me, so that I can refer it.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I think the administrator default is the Modern View - at least it is with our VA 7.3 (this preference can be set for each site however). You can check this by going into User Preferences in the Report Viewer then toggle between the three options to confirm.

Also please be aware that within the next release or two of SAS VA will be entirely HTML5, ie Modern View. While the Classic View may be retained for compatibility for now I wouldn't be surprised if it disappears eventually.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation