BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
GuillermoPH
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi SAS VA community!

I'm dealing with a situation that is driving me nuts: when I choose to export data from a VA report to Excel, it messes up with date formats.

For example, I have this graph I need to export in order to work with the data, it has a date variable named FECTERMINADO which in EG I set its format as datetime27.6; in VA it is formatted as MMMYYYY. When I export it to Excel I get a bunch of ##'s. I've tried everything but I keep failing on keeping the format... 😞

columnas.png

sample.png

Please, any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance, regards;

1 REPLY 1
MikeJenista
SAS Employee

Just a quick sanity check: did you try expanding the excel column with the ### values in it?  I have sometimes had excel represent values that way until I expand the column width enough to show the full values.  

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation