BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
TheYogi
Calcite | Level 5

I'm using Internet Explorer 11 and also have adobe flash version 26.0.0.126 installed on my system. However, I'm unable to edit or use drill down functions on SAS VA.

Many a times there is an update on Flash the VA starts behavings strangely. This is a very serious issue and should be fixed asap. We are loosing confidence on using VA as a reporting tool.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
SASKiwi
PROC Star

This is a known problem. Updating to a later version of the Flash player will fix it. It worked for us.

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Visual-Analytics/Latest-release-of-Adobe-Flash-Player-26-0-0-126-...

TheYogi
Calcite | Level 5

I know it's a known problem, however, upgrading Flash is not a solution for a large organisations like where I'm employed. It could take months to get various approvals even to do a simple upgrade. It's a complex process, if you know what I'm talking about.

SAS should investigate this and fix it, I believe, they should be able to identify it. it's very unfortunate to see such kind of compatibility issues.

Reeza
Super User
Have you contacted tech support?
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

If you are using Flash Player 26.0.0.126 then you will encounter the problems in this SAS note:

http://support.sas.com/kb/60/624.html

You will need to upgrade to the latest release of Flash. A link to the download is in the note.

TheYogi
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the download link, however, it doesn't help here. Our computers are controlled by IT department and Flash is updated by them. There are more than 30,000 employees and it takes months for them to upgrade the systems and 100s of approvals. Even if i upgrade, what about my end users who consumes the report, there are a lot of them who consumes, it is not that easy.

SAS should not have such issues in the first place and even if they have, they should be fixing it. Anyway, thank you for your help, I really hope that SAS fix this problem asap

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

This problem with Flash Player was a defect introduced by Adobe, and it had to be addressed by them.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

In our experience only report development was affected by this problem. Report consumers should be OK. As @Madelyn_SAS has said it is a bug in the Adobe Flash Player causing the problem, not something that SAS can provide a fix for.

I suggest you escalate this issue through your management. If your VA reports are important to your business it shouldn't take months to roll out a new version. In my company IT were fine with rolling out a change to affected VA developers within a day of being alerted to the problem. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation