BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JBrazier
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello SAS Community

I was wondering if anyone could help me with finding a solution for sharing parameters between reports on SAS VA (v7.3) in an automated way?

I want to avoid creating one very large dashboard because is slows down runtime of loading the dashboard and maintaining therefore I am currently creating a series of dashboards showing student qualification data and have links to each of the reports so users can flick between them soit seems like it is one report, and to help the user I have put some qualification/course filters in the report prompt section of the dashboard.

However because my dashboards are separate it means the user has to select the qualification/course in each dashboard, which is not the best user experience, therefore is there a way I can generate a link that carries the parameter(s) selected in the report prompt of one report and apply it to another.

I have been able to use the URL to the report and manually add the parameter e.g. "&award_Qual_Filter=B01" (without the quotes) and this works however I am struggling to get it to work in an automated way.

I have looked at the following documentation 

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaug/68648/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n0avi8j19qgkkun1q5znm... but when I try to create an external link I am unable to add a new parameter, the + symbol is grayed out, yet in the documentation is indicates it should be blue and can be used, however I'm not sure this would work either because I don't know if I can populate the "add new parameter" with a parameter field, acting like a macro variable.

Would a stored process be able to create an automated redirect URL?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Many Thanks

John

1 REPLY 1
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I don't think the link in text object really work with parameters ?!

You can do almost the same with a tile chart.

Create one dummy category with one value (in my case "DoubleClick me!") and assign it to the chart.

Then create the interaction to the second report and do not mark the check box.

Worked for me!

image.png

//Fredrik

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation