BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Hi all,

I have hit an issue with the time series plot and wanted to check if its a bug in VA or something I'm doing wrong.

When I use a column with a datetime the VA chart seems to correclty bin items together as specified in the properties.

When I switched to useing a calculated item for the date (based on the same underlying date column) the binning stops working and the chart fails to display with an error of too many items.

I experimented with setting all the times to 12:00 and the chart now displays but looks very "spikey", changing the binning settings has no effect, setting 10 or 500 produces identical results.

Has anyone else encountere this and if so did you find a solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
itchyeyeballs
Pyrite | Level 9

Quick update in case anyone finds this thread in the future.

SAS have confirmed this is a bug (rather than an undocumented "feature"). They are going to asses the business case for providing a hotfix.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
itchyeyeballs
Pyrite | Level 9

Quick update in case anyone finds this thread in the future.

SAS have confirmed this is a bug (rather than an undocumented "feature"). They are going to asses the business case for providing a hotfix.

AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Many thanks for circling back on this one, itchyeyeballs! The community sure appreciates it.

Anna

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation