BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Irene_IP
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi everone!

Today I'm asking you if there is a way in SAS VA to automatically compute a Test T.

I have 2 distributions in 2 bar charts and I'd like to compare the propotions of each bar just by clicking on them and view somewhere the t-value or the p-value, or something else, I don't mind.

Maybe I could create a new variable with the T value, but can SAS VA do this by its own? Because actually there is an additional problem: my two distributions are on two different data souces, and I don't know how to put variables with different origin in the same formula.

Can you help me?

Thanks

Irene

2 REPLIES 2
Sam_SAS
SAS Employee

Hello Irene,

In VA 7.1 and later, there is an aggregation called "T-statistic (for Average = 0)". Does that help?

The available aggregations in 7.1 (and later) are listed here:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaug/67500/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p0vdtebj8g4ea8n1s0m9k...

For the second part of your question, unfortunately you cannot use two data sources in the same expression. You should perform a merge in your data preparation if you want to use the data items from two data sources together in the same data expression or report object.

Hope that helps,

Sam

Lorrie_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Irene,

Just to add to Sam's information, here are a few links that might be helpful to you when you prepare your data:

- Creating a data query (which you can use as the source of your report):

SAS(R) Visual Analytics 7.1: User's Guide

- Joining tables in a data query:

SAS(R) Visual Analytics 7.1: User's Guide

Best regards,

Lorrie

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation