BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Sharedbusiness
Calcite | Level 5

To demonstrate Visual Analytics to potential clients I am trying to find some suggestions on what hardware I need to buy.

Of course I looked at the recommanded hardware by SAS but I guess I don't need 16 cores + 256Gb memory for demonstration purposes only.

Can somebody give me some recommandations on this? Although all suggestions are welcome, I prefer HP systems...

Thank you all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DavidHenderson
SAS Employee

If you are really only interested in demoing VA and can limit your data, you can get away with running the entire VA stack along with the LASR SMP server on a beefy laptop with 4+ cores and 16 GB of RAM.  This would not be an environment that would support multiple users or large data, but that should be adequate for demos.  Note too, that such an environment would not be supported by Tech Support.  If you run into problems that are possibly caused by the small env, you would have to replicate them on a supported configuration.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DavidHenderson
SAS Employee

If you are really only interested in demoing VA and can limit your data, you can get away with running the entire VA stack along with the LASR SMP server on a beefy laptop with 4+ cores and 16 GB of RAM.  This would not be an environment that would support multiple users or large data, but that should be adequate for demos.  Note too, that such an environment would not be supported by Tech Support.  If you run into problems that are possibly caused by the small env, you would have to replicate them on a supported configuration.

Sharedbusiness
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you David,

that was the answer I was looking for to confirm my thoughts!

We're also looking at an AWS solution, I found out that SAS Australia is using AWS instances but it seems there are no preconfigured images available at the moment. With your answer a mobile demonstration laptop/workstation will be within our (financial) reach and looks like the simplest option.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation