BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
balraj
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Community,

When I'm trying to Access/Run Stored Process in the WebApplication I'm getting the following error. I've logged in with sasadm@saspw i.e. SAS Administrator

StoreProcess Error

Unable to Execute Stored Process

Unable to Connect to SAS Server

Even when I'm trying to access the sample StoredProcesses also i'm getting the same error.

Reffered to this link but couldn't solve

Kind Regards,

Balraj

StoredProcessError1.PNG
27 REPLIES 27
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@ saspw users are internal users; they exist only in the metadata repository and cannot start a workspace server. Use a user with a valid system account instead.

DO NOT use sasadm@saspw for work; it is only to be used for administrative purposes.

balraj
Quartz | Level 8

Hi @Kurt_Bremser,

I've logged in with the System User and executed the Stored Process i got the same error.

I Validated the Workspace server from SMC with System User that also didn't work.

Any other approaches to solve this error.

Kind Regards,

Balraj

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

I also suspect that there's a misconfiguration of your stored processes. Verify that your stored processes are bound to the Logical Stored Process Server and not the Logical Workspace Server

balraj
Quartz | Level 8

wow @Kurt_Bremser spot on. I got this error.

[4/7/16 1:44 PM] INFO: Starting simple validation for Stored Process server (level 1) - ping
[4/7/16 1:44 PM] SEVERE: Connection refused: connect
[4/7/16 1:44 PM] SEVERE: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

how to resolve this? I'm new to SAS VA, can you please guide me.

Kind Regards,

Balraj

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Several options.

- The Object Spawner is not running. The Object Spawner needs to be started by the operating system at startup; in UNIX this means it has an entry in /etc/inittab or a similar file (if the UNIX in question does not use SysV init)

- The Workspace Servers and Stored Process Server are not correctly configured into the the Object Spawner (open Properties of the Object Spawner in SAS MC and look at the Server tab)

- The UserIDs used to start the Servers (your personal account for a Workspace Server, sassrv for the Stored Process Server) have problems starting a SAS process

Also keep in mind that the Stored Process Server and Workspace Server are not part of SAS VA, but part of the standard Business Intelligence Server package

balraj
Quartz | Level 8

Hi @Kurt_Bremser

- ObjectSpawner is running on Start-up

-Inside ObjectSpawner both the Workspace Servers and Stored Process Server are configured

- I've Logged into SMC with sasadm@saspw and did this steps, "ObjectSpawner"->rightclick->"connect"

still same error. 

Gist of the Logs:

Unable to connect to a SAS server.

Unable to Connect to a SAS server
com.sas.services.storedprocess.ExecutionException: A connection could not be obtained.
Caused by: com.sas.services.connection.FatalConnectionFactoryException: The application could not log on to the server "defteam.sas.com:8601". No server is available at that port on that machine.
Caused by: org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: The application could not log on to the server "defteam.sas.com:8601". No server is available at that port on that machine.  vmcid: 0x0  minor code: 1  completed: No
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

Kind Regards,

Balraj

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Please verify that the spawner is actually up. Log on to the server and do ps -ef|grep Spaw. This should show the process. You also check that user ID and password are valid.

balraj
Quartz | Level 8

Hi @Kurt_Bremser

When I connect the Object Spawner from SMC, I'm getting the following in the "Log" tab.

Current message level: Off
Current threshold level: Error
Either there's no log available, you may need to enable logging at a higher message/threshold level or the server appender is not defined in the log configuration file.

And in ObjectSpawner log file and MetaDataServer log file there are no errors specified. I'm facing this issue after running "importad.sas" script, Is it impacting anywhere?

Can you guide me here.

Kind Regards, 

Balraj.P

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

According to the messages that you posted, the Spawner does not listen on the Stored Process Server port (8601). Since you could open a connection to the spawner, this lets me think that the Stored Process Server is not properly configured into the spawner.

In SASMC, expand Server Manager, right-click on the Object Spawner, select Properties and then the Server tab. The Stored Process Server should be in the right-hand list.

balraj
Quartz | Level 8

Hi @Kurt_Bremser,

I've done what you've said and I can see "Stored Process Server" in that list.

PFA and guide me whether i'm missing anything.

By the way I'm facing the same error when I'm validating the "Pooled Workspace Server" as well.

Kind Regards,

Balraj.P

screen1.PNG
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Then it's time for the log files. You find the object spawner logs in your configuration tree in Lev1/ObjectSpawner/Logs.

The filenames look like ObjectSpawner_YYYY-MM-DD_NNNNNN.log, where YYYY-MM-DD is the date and NNNNNN is the process number of the spawner. Try a connection to the Stored Process or Workspace Server and then do (immediately) tail ObjectSpawner_YYYY-MM-DD_NNNNNN.log to see the latest messages.

balraj
Quartz | Level 8

Hi @Kurt_Bremser

I've done as you said, this what the log file returns, no errors

2016-04-11T13:11:06,371 INFO  [00000374] :SYSTEM@WIN-16NDD1VN0L5 - New out call client connection (39) for user sasadm@saspw.  Encryption level is Credentials using encryption algorithm SASPROPRIETARY.  Peer IP address and port are [192.168.2.241]:8561.
2016-04-11T13:11:06,372 INFO  [00000374] :sasadm@saspw - New client connection (38) accepted from server port 8581 for SAS token user sasadm@saspw.  Encryption level is Credentials using encryption algorithm SASPROPRIETARY.  Peer IP address and port are [::ffff:192.168.2.241]:6150 for APPNAME=ConnectionService 904201.
2016-04-11T13:11:51,680 INFO  [00000422] :SYSTEM@WIN-16NDD1VN0L5 - New out call client connection (41) for user sasadm@saspw.  Encryption level is Credentials using encryption algorithm SASPROPRIETARY.  Peer IP address and port are [192.168.2.241]:8561.

I've a question, does executing "importad.sas" code will have any impact on "Pooled Workspace server"?

Kind Regards,

Balraj.P

log.PNG
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

What you see is your access from the MC to the operator port of the spawner.

A successful connection for the start of a workspace server instance would look like this:

2016-04-11T15:03:29,770 INFO  [00017498] UUUUU - New client connection (4892) accepted from server port 8591 for user UUUUU.  Encryption level is Credentials using encryption algorithm SASProprietary.  Peer Address ..... 

where UUUUU represents the UserID with which the connection is made.

A failed attempt would look like this:

2016-01-04T16:52:24,686 INFO  [00350751] sas - Access denied.
2016-01-04T16:52:24,690 WARN  [00350751] sas - New client connection (50614) rejected from server port 8591 for user UUUUU.

Connection attempts to the Stored Process Server would use port 8601, respectively.

If you do not find any messages with these port numbers in your spawner log file, then I think you have problems connecting to the ports as such. Maybe a firewall is interfering that allows 8561 (Metadata) and 8581 (spawner operator port) but not the other SAS ports.

importad.sas seems to be the program that is used to synchronize Active Directory with the users and groups in SAS metadata. I don't think that could cause problems with the server configuration, as it uses macros that only deal with users/groups.

balraj
Quartz | Level 8

Hi @Kurt_Bremser

Thanks alot for your time, will check about it tomorrow in office.

Have a Great time and I'm very grateful for your support and assistance.

Kind Regards,

Balraj.P

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 27 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 in conversation