BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MicheldeKooter
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

With SAS Base I created in the past a graph that has grouping at the x-axis and is stacked. See printscreen below.

Did anyone create a custom grapfh like this?

Thanks for your reactions,

Michel de Kooter

New Bitmap Image.bmp

10 REPLIES 10
RaviDevarajan
SAS Employee

Hi Michel

Is your bar stack a stacked group or stacked multi-response? Here is an example I created using the Bar Chart graph object in VA Designer. This object stacks group values. Is this what you are looking for?

Thanks.
Ravi Devarajan

stacked bar with column grouping.png

MicheldeKooter
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your response. I think this is exactly what I want.

The graph is stacked group. 2 Groups: by month and year, one stack by product type.

Could you sent print screens how you did it?

Michel

RaviDevarajan
SAS Employee

Hi Michel

Here are the steps to do what I posted earlier. I am using VA6.4. You could do this with VA6.3 as well.

Please let me know if you need further clarifications.

Thanks

Ravi

Step 1: DND Bar Chart graph object from left side pane in VAD

step 1.png

Step 2: Load your data

Step 3: In Roles tab on right pane in VAD, assign your appropriate data columns to the graph object roles, as I have done below. In my case, Lattice columns was a Date item but it could be a Category item as well.

step 2.png

Step 4: In Properties tab on right pane, set Grouping style to Stack under Bar Properties

step 4.png

This should give you the desired result.

step 5.png

MicheldeKooter
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Ravi,

This works perfect. I didn't get the lattice working properly, but not it works very good.

Thanks for your assistence.

Michel

RaviDevarajan
SAS Employee

Good to hear Michel, and good luck with your project.

Ravi

bayex
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

Sorry to return to this old topic. I have a question can be a little bit credulous.
I created a stacked histogram and i need to display label for each group on the histogram. This works fine with a cluster grouping style but not with a stacked one.

Did Did anyone has an idea on how do this ?

Thank you.

Bayex

sz247
Calcite | Level 5
HI I am using a SAS Veya student version. I cannot see step 4 in my practice. May i know whether I can do stacked bar chart in my version? Thanks.
PetriRoine
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello @sz247 

Yes you can. You can find it from the right panel > Options > Bar > Grouping style > Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Petri

Raj_SAS
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Everyone,

Is there any way to generate this kind of graph with a Proc template in SAS? Please share your ideas.
Thank you,
Raj.
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

A question about Proc Template should be posted to the SAS Programming Community

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 in conversation