BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
chrishull
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All,

I have been attempting to create a report which shows all of the customers who order a specific product and customers who do not order the same specific product. All of the data is in a single table described below:

Customer ID, Product ID, Customer Total spend (plus more). I have 50,000 customers and 7,000 different products (approximately 3M observations).

I would like to have visuals which show the average total spend for customer who buy the product and the average total spend for customers who do not buy the product. I also need this to be grouped by sex/gender.

I have been searching for days and cannot find a solution. I'm hoping this is feasible in Visual Analytics (8.5.1). Can anyone please provide insight?

Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1
SASKiwi
PROC Star

How do you want VA report to look? Do you want all output in just one report object or are you OK with two report objects, one for the selected product, and one for those not selected? The latter option is easiest.

I assume you also want to be able to select a product to report on, from the 7,000 available - is this a single selection or do you want to allow for multiple product selections? The first step would be to create a second dataset from your first one which is a unique list of product ID / descriptions.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation