BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
VictorM
Obsidian | Level 7

Dear all,

I'm connected to SAS VA 7.3 on the web interface, have opened the "data preparation" section and used the "File->Import" functionality with CSV.

Selecting my CSV file, I'm just setting the separator character and cliking on import.

It goes fine except I have 2 date fields which are not taken as date field but characters only in the report designer. this is painful.

I tried to save the csv as .xlsx file and import it, as one of the two date fields is correctly managed as a date column in excel ( the Date column), but it does not make a difference.

Any idea ?

thanks

Sample of the fields in CSV :

Start;Date

28 octobre 2015;20151028

29 octobre 2015;20151029

30 octobre 2015;20151030

etc...

2017-09-13_14-40-59.png2017-09-13_14-52-41.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VictorM
Obsidian | Level 7

OK for those who are interested.... I solved the problem because on the thousands lines of data, only a few did not have a correct date in the column, but a N/A text instead.

I think this lead to SAS not understand the column as a date value...

PRoblem solved, thanks anyway.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
VictorM
Obsidian | Level 7
Unfortunately not, it's only the location / directory of LASR tables & compression option.

ballardw
Super User

That's not a date, it is a datetime.

VictorM
Obsidian | Level 7

ok but how can I change this field to a datetime then ?

I tried in data preparation to force it using a query but does not work either.

VictorM
Obsidian | Level 7

OK for those who are interested.... I solved the problem because on the thousands lines of data, only a few did not have a correct date in the column, but a N/A text instead.

I think this lead to SAS not understand the column as a date value...

PRoblem solved, thanks anyway.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation