BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Stevphen
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All,

I've had a look around through 7.2 documentation and online and can't find anything on this when using the Classic homepage. For using modern I came across this blog post:

http://blogs.sas.com/content/sgf/2015/07/22/use-hub-shared-collections-to-automatically-push-va-repo...

However, the tick box for "Publish this collection for all users" doesn't appear when creating a collection through the Classic homepage (set as default for all users for consistency and to avoid some issues with the Modern version). I don't think it's an issue with permissions since I'm an admin. Is there a way of doing it though VA or SAS Management Console, besides manually replacing the My Collections folders in each users account.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Joy_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Stevphen,

I checked with the development team.  The "publish a shared collection" feature is available only with the modern home page.  That's why you haven't found a corresponding feature in the classic home page, even though you have an admin role.

-Joy

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Joy_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Stevphen,

I checked with the development team.  The "publish a shared collection" feature is available only with the modern home page.  That's why you haven't found a corresponding feature in the classic home page, even though you have an admin role.

-Joy

Stevphen
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for your reply, but that does seem bizarre. Especially since I was able to set up a collection on each users front page in a previous version (6.3 I think) and it was still there before I deleted it in 7.2 before adding (trying to add) a new one in.

Do you know if it would work if I switched the theme to modern, published a collection, and switched the theme back again? Because we currently have it set as classic by default through SAS Management Console because we had some issues with users seeing folders or modules they didn't have permission to see with the Modern view.

Joy_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi Stevphen,

I don't have a working 7.2 version of SAS Visual Analytics this morning.  However, I did a quick test in the 7.3 version.  I published a collection using the modern home page and the "Publish this collection for all users" check box.  I switched to the classic home page, and the published collection was there.  I think that's the only workaround available since you say your users need to use the classic home page.  I also tried switching between the modern and classic versions to "unpublish" and delete a shared collection.  That worked too.

-Joy

Stevphen
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks, that's promising! I'll have to do this when we've got time to apply hotfixes at the same time. Thanks again!
Joy_SAS
SAS Employee

You're welcome.  I hope the workaround works at your site.  If it doesn't, let us know and we'll try to find another solution.

-Joy

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation