BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Percentile95
Fluorite | Level 6

Dear SAS Visual Analytics Community,

I’m working with a report in SAS Visual Analytics (version 8.5.2) that includes several control elements, such as filters. The report spans multiple pages and features crosstabs and various graphs.

My goal is to ensure that when users open the report, they are presented with these control elements pre-populated with default values that I’ve specified. Currently, SAS Visual Analytics seems to remember the control values that users applied the last time they accessed the report.

Is there a way to configure the report so that it always opens with these default control settings, regardless of the user's previous interactions?

Thank you for your assistance!

Best regards,
Percentile

4 REPLIES 4
Percentile95
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you for the quick response. I'll discuss this with the administrator and provide an update later.
Percentile95
Fluorite | Level 6

Dear Madelyn,

I contacted my SAS-VA administrator, and he responded that it is only possible to apply the solution to all users/reports in our SAS-VA environment—he will not allow that. 

Do you know if there is a workaround so that a single report does not remember the control values that users applied the last time they accessed it? In other words, each time the report is opened, it should present itself with default values in its control elements, and interactive graphs/tables should revert back to default settings?

Varm regards Percentle95

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Would you be willing to create a SAS Technical Support case for this so that we can help further? The best way is to log in with your customer profile and provide the necessary information such as site number, product, and version. 

Customer Support Center 

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation