BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dcakir
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

In a project, I need to send line graph in a report nevertheless we have controls which affect the graph. I need to reach the line graph for all combination of controls and send results as e-mail on SAS Visual Analytics via SMTP server. You can see an example for this situation below.

In example, there are a button, a dropdown list and a line graph. Values on line graph are changed by button and dropdown list. And I need to send all results of graph as email automatically.

Thanks in advance.

Capture.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
PetriRoine
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello @dcakir

Could you please elaborate where exactly did you hit the bump? 

Ad-hoc e-mails:

In the report viewer mode go to File -> E-mail...

Scheduled distribution: 

In the report designer mode go to File -> Distribute Reports... -> New report Job... -> etc...

The e-mail has a hyperlink to the report and optionally pdf-file will be attached? 

Best regards,

Petri Roine

itchyeyeballs
Pyrite | Level 9

It sounds like you want to automate the production of a chart for every combination of variables?

If so SAS VA can't do this itself, as a work around it is possible to automate your browser via a script, somethiing like the link below may help

http://www.howtogeek.com/113789/how-to-automate-repetitive-web-browser-tasks-with-imacros/

dcakir
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

Actually,you exactly figure out what I try to say. But imacros couldn't achieve that. imacros can not find the buttons in SAS VA.

Thanks,

Doğan ÇAKIR

dcakir
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello Petri,

I tried both ways but the point is that I want to push the button and get screenshot then push another button and get new screenshot after that I send the screenshots as e-mail.

Thanks,

Doğan ÇAKIR

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation