BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
DavidPhillips2
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Is there a way to send summarized formatted data to Excel in Visual Analytics similarly to how you can in Web Report Studio?  There appears to have been a loss of functionality with this feature.  In Web Report studio when you select a series of tabular fields you can send it to Excel Exactly as you see it on the screen.  In VA when you do this categories that repeat, repeat in the output and the data is displayed in record format rather than report format.

E.g.

If one college has three Majors college is displayed once and each major is displayed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I believe you are referring to preserving the crosstab structure of the table. That was added starting in the 2020.1.1 release. In that release, SAS Visual Analytics can preserve the crosstab or the list table structure when you export data to an Excel workbook.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I believe you are referring to preserving the crosstab structure of the table. That was added starting in the 2020.1.1 release. In that release, SAS Visual Analytics can preserve the crosstab or the list table structure when you export data to an Excel workbook.

DavidPhillips2
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Madelyn,  Thanks, I'll check with our SAS Administrator to see if we can install that patch.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation