BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
xiaoyao026
Calcite | Level 5

Hello

when i try to build an interaction between a list control item to a Bar chart (including 2 Bar item), i would like to have the interaction working different on those 2 Bars, this will achive one Bar apply the option from list Control, the other one not, so then i can calculate the % of total.

i'm not sure such function is achievable or not today, but would appreciate your guidance from any of you.

thanks in advance.

BR

1 REPLY 1
gcarvalho
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi there,

I've tried something similar, but the interaction would only work in the same way for all the elements in that object, so I had a filter to each element on that object, and I could filter by the option selected in the list.

To filter the graph according to the option selected in the menu list you can create a parameter from the item that you are using in the list and use the parameter instead of a category. After having a parameter set in the Menu List you can create a filter and use this parameter to get to your results.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation