BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
utrocketeng
Quartz | Level 8

Greetings Fellow VA Users,

i am looking for a novel approach to identify all SAS VA reports saved in Metadata folders under a top level 'BI Solutions' folder.  i am hoping that i can recursively search through those folders and surface the report name as well as the current & parent folder where that report was found.  is this possible?  has someone else done something like this?   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @utrocketeng,

you have several ways to achieve your objective.

- My favourite option is to go to SAS Management Console, to the Search tab, then you can select Report (2G) and other options such as the top folder and creation or modification date. The great thing of this option is that once you have search for them, you can then take actions such as select and delete or export the ones you need to.

- If you just want to list them and you do not have access to SMC, for the SAS VA interface you can always search, then select the top folder and with an * or just blank you will list the reports available or visible by you.

There are more options, more creative, such as based on code for Open Metadata Interface, but It does not seem fit to your requirements, a bit over-killing perhaps.

Kind regards,

Juan

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @utrocketeng,

you have several ways to achieve your objective.

- My favourite option is to go to SAS Management Console, to the Search tab, then you can select Report (2G) and other options such as the top folder and creation or modification date. The great thing of this option is that once you have search for them, you can then take actions such as select and delete or export the ones you need to.

- If you just want to list them and you do not have access to SMC, for the SAS VA interface you can always search, then select the top folder and with an * or just blank you will list the reports available or visible by you.

There are more options, more creative, such as based on code for Open Metadata Interface, but It does not seem fit to your requirements, a bit over-killing perhaps.

Kind regards,

Juan

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation