BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Hi all,

I've got a strange issue with a scheduled job, it was set up using the prepare data tool and was working fine until I modified the underlying data set, manually running the import worked fine but the scheduled version threw up data issues (it was missing the new fields).

As a work around I deleted the schedule trigger (using the data prep tool) and just planned to manually run until I could investigate, however to my suprise the job has continued to run every hour but now seems to work correctly.

On the downside I can't find any reference to how this job is being triggered either in data prep tool or using management console. There are no duplicate jobs or anything like that so I'm confused and reluctant to modfy further or create new jobs until I understand whats happening.

Can anyone give me any tips? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jatin_Jim
Obsidian | Level 7
Welcome!!

Easy way to delete the existing scheduled code is just go in to the scheduling tab in data query (Small round clock symbol) open it select the existing scheduling (tick on check box) and then delete it. then save that data query then run it.
again go to the same tab, select the scheduling time and save it.

This will replace the existing (previous ) code to new Code........

Regards;
Jim

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jatin_Jim
Obsidian | Level 7

In answer to your question regarding the Query schedulling for data load in LASR.

As and when you will modify any thing in your data query like new column add or remove or any changes apart from data updated you will have to re-schedule SASVA Data Query Scheduling tab...

as there is a back-end code is generated when you schedule it and that code will set to run in your scheduling job so whenever you change anything in your data query that code will not change automatically so You will have to delete the existing scheduling code and re-schedule the same,

let me know if you need more clarity on it..

Regards;

Jim

itchyeyeballs
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you,

whats the best method for deleting the exisitng code? I had assumed that the prepare data tool would handle that for me.

Jatin_Jim
Obsidian | Level 7
Welcome!!

Easy way to delete the existing scheduled code is just go in to the scheduling tab in data query (Small round clock symbol) open it select the existing scheduling (tick on check box) and then delete it. then save that data query then run it.
again go to the same tab, select the scheduling time and save it.

This will replace the existing (previous ) code to new Code........

Regards;
Jim
itchyeyeballs
Pyrite | Level 9

Great, thank you, I'll make a note so that the team remember to follow that step in future.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation