I'm working in SAS VA 6.4 and have noticed that I'm having trouble saving reports recently. Every time I attempt to save a report VA seems to get stuck on the 'Save in progress' window and doesn't actually save it, and I have to close down my browser.
Has anyonhe else experienced this and know how to fix it?
Sorry to hear you are experiencing this... I personally haven't come across this scenario. You mentioned that this is a recent issue, not being able to save reports and so my thoughts are to work out what has changed with your environment (client & server) from when you were able to save reports. Some suggestions that come to mind to determine the cause are:
1) Has the version of Adobe Flash or your browser changed?
2) Has the report structure/design changed from when you saved it. E.g. more sections, a particular report object or an additional data source etc. Trying to determine what is different from the reports you have been able to successfully save and for those you are unable to.
3) Is it an issue that only you are experiencing or other users experience too?
4) Are you trying to save the report into a new folder or to an existing folder. Assuming you have permissions at the SAS metadata level and also at the operating system level.
5) Have you looked at the VA log files? Is there any information there around the same time you are trying to save the report?
If you haven't done so already, it may also be worthwhile raising your issue with SAS Technical Support too at Technical Support Form as they may have had the issue reported before and some suggestions to try.
I got in touch with SAS Technical support and they worked out that the Apache ActiveMQ journal log files were filling up disk space and causing issues when attempting to save reports.
This support page helped fix the problem: http://support.sas.com/kb/52315
Great to hear the issue has been resolved and you're now able to save your reports. Thanks for sharing the issue and resolution with the community.
Something for SAS VA Admins to keep an eye on...
I am experiencing the same problem in VA 6.4. Can not save reports anymore.
We previously were able to fix the issue by restarting our SAS servers, but that is a bit of an ordeal that we don't want to have to do every few days.
The link to the support ticket above does not seem to work for me. Could someone post the resolution here?
i suggest raising your issue with SAS Technical Support. You can use the Technical Support Form.
They may have had your issue reported before and have some suggestions to try. Be prepared to send server log files for diagnosis.
Registration is open! SAS is returning to Vegas for an AI and analytics experience like no other! Whether you're an executive, manager, end user or SAS partner, SAS Innovate is designed for everyone on your team. Register for just $495 by 12/31/2023.
If you are interested in speaking, there is still time to submit a session idea. More details are posted on the website.
See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.
Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.