BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Dd07
Fluorite | Level 6
Hello All,
I am new to Sas VA Analyst and curious if we can hit the oracle or SQL database from VA 7.3 console to upload table on LASR server?
Also if I can get detail for distribution and non distributed design working to understand.

Thanks a ton in Advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi, thanks for your message.

If you get the right license, and the system requirements are fit, you can get the data from the Oracle database from VA.

Although, if you are looking for performance on your reports and the load of the data, I would recommend you to extract first your Oracle tables into SAS tables from an additional SAS server (no VA), so you can transform them into the final data for your reports, and then load this data into SAS VA.

About your other question, you can find a lof information ton the SAS LASR Analytic Server: Reference Guide: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/inmsref/67597/HTML/default/viewer.htm#titlepage.htm

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi, thanks for your message.

If you get the right license, and the system requirements are fit, you can get the data from the Oracle database from VA.

Although, if you are looking for performance on your reports and the load of the data, I would recommend you to extract first your Oracle tables into SAS tables from an additional SAS server (no VA), so you can transform them into the final data for your reports, and then load this data into SAS VA.

About your other question, you can find a lof information ton the SAS LASR Analytic Server: Reference Guide: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/inmsref/67597/HTML/default/viewer.htm#titlepage.htm

Dd07
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks Juan.exactly what i was looking for

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation