BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
silversky9
Calcite | Level 5

Hello--

I have a line graph and am using a categorical variable (race) as a filter. This is measuring total number of participants based on the grouping variable race. I would like to be able to select two items within the filter, and have these two items display as two separate and distinct lines in my graph. Currently when I click two of the races, I just get one line displayed, with the two races displayed combined, versus each individual race displaying as a distinct/separate line. Is there a way to do this in viya, and how would I do that?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
6 REPLIES 6
acordes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

My recommendation for you is to share your current status of what you're trying to achieve. 

A sceenshot of your line chart from Visual Anlytics i.e.

At its best you share data as data step / datalines code. If not possible at least show some rows of a list object with the relevant variables. 

It's too open-question-alike how you're seeking help.  

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

If you have a line chart grouped by race and you filter on race, then the graph should have a number of lines that match your filter selection. If that is not what you see, then which version of SAS Visual Analytics are you using, and please post a screen shot of the filter and the graph if possible. Perhaps I don't understand the scenario. 

silversky9
Calcite | Level 5

This is an example of what I'm referring to.  I've selected two options from the filter, but only one line is displayed (x axis is year, and y axis is count), and what I'm hoping to see is two lines, one for each option I selected from the filter.  I'm using version 8.5.2.

Thanks

Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 2.37.29 PM.png

silversky9
Calcite | Level 5

Please refer to my reply below where I've posted a screenshot.

Thanks

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

To see multiple lines, you would have to have Race in the Group role. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation