BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
qyfan
Calcite | Level 5

Hello, I have troubles making a simple line chart in SAS Visual Analytics version8.2. I just want to plot aggregated average value of observations on y-axis against observation times (day number) on x-axis.

Line chart works otherwise nicely, but SAS VA wants to position my x-axis labels evenly, although my x-values are unevenly spaced observation times. I have been unable to find option to change x-axis to continuous type axis instead of categorical.

I also tried numeric series plot and changed x-variable's data type to a Measure. This didn't work either: Now my y-axis values are somehow not aggregated like in Line chart, but instead each x-axis time shows a cluster of observations on y-axis.

How can I make a line chart with average value of observations at a time on a continuous x-axis?

Many thanks!

1 REPLY 1
RickStyll_SAS
SAS Employee

The time series plot object type should get the results you are looking for with a continuous x axis. Here's a link to the VA 8.2 documentation for the time series plot.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation