BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
andypandy_swe
Obsidian | Level 7

Trying to go through the SAS Viya demo.

In step 3.15 in the pdf-tutorial VA81EPScript_final.pdf you're supposed to  add Visitor Date to the Time Axis of a  Time Series Plot but when I do I get an error message saying that "the servers response couldn't be analysed as a sas report" (loosely translated).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

/A

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

For this type of error, and given the environment, I think it would be appropriate to contact responsible party for the demo environment.

Data never sleeps

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

For this type of error, and given the environment, I think it would be appropriate to contact responsible party for the demo environment.

Data never sleeps
andypandy_swe
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks, I did that too... Figured throwing out a question to the community couldn't hurt as I didn't know how long I'd have to wait for a reply.

I eventually gave up, started the demo from scratch and it worked.

/A

varsha_sas
SAS Employee

Hi,

Glad this worked for you the second time around. I'm not sure why you got that error message, but if you attach a screenshot next time, we'll help you troubleshoot. Feel free to reach out if you have additional questions about the trial. 

Thanks!

Varsha

andypandy_swe
Obsidian | Level 7
Well, yes. There is something. Probably me missing something but... When I get into the demo all I can see is Visual Analytics... Isn't Viya supposed to be more? Or am I just looking in the wrong place?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation