BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
adupendse26
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello Experts,

I am connected to SAS VA 8.5, trying to import data using "Import-->Social media--> Google Analytics feed".

Import process asks to "Obtain access code" using Gmail address. When I am giving Gmail details it gives me below error "Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app".

Please find error message attached.

What are the other configurations I need to perform prior trying to obtain access code from Gmail address?

Regards,

Aditi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Joy_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi @adupendse26,

I'm sorry, but the social media data connectors no longer work with SAS Viya for a variety of reasons. That's why you're seeing an error message when you try to import Google Analytics data into SAS Visual Analytics 8.5.

There was a recent SAS Viya 3.5 hotfix that removed the Twitter and Facebook data options for a similar failure. Refer to SAS Note 65602 for the details. An upcoming hotfix for SAS Viya 3.5 will remove all of the remaining data connectors, including Google Analytics.

If you still want to import data from Google Analytics, we recommend that you use a third-party tool to extract the data before importing it into SAS Visual Analytics.

Regards,
Joy  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Joy_SAS
SAS Employee

Hi @adupendse26,

I'm sorry, but the social media data connectors no longer work with SAS Viya for a variety of reasons. That's why you're seeing an error message when you try to import Google Analytics data into SAS Visual Analytics 8.5.

There was a recent SAS Viya 3.5 hotfix that removed the Twitter and Facebook data options for a similar failure. Refer to SAS Note 65602 for the details. An upcoming hotfix for SAS Viya 3.5 will remove all of the remaining data connectors, including Google Analytics.

If you still want to import data from Google Analytics, we recommend that you use a third-party tool to extract the data before importing it into SAS Visual Analytics.

Regards,
Joy  

adupendse26
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you for the reply Joy.
McDiddles
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi, Are there any third-party applications that you can recommend?

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation