BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
yangx
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I saw that there are bubbles with different colors in the geography, but I didn't find the options to change color for bubble. Could you please let me know how I can change the color of the bubble? thanks.

xiumei

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FalkoSchulz
SAS Employee

I'm sorry - I was under the impression you were using Visual Analytics Designer - but given your comment - you may use Visual Analytics Explorer. The Explorer interface has limited options in terms of styling (as it's mainly designed for data exploration purposes). You can adjust the color gradient as you have already discovered. In the Designer interface you can apply additional display rules. Just note, that display rules are based on measures not on categories. So in order to color a specific region you would need to define a display rule expression given one associated measure used in the color or data tip role. Hope this helps. Regards, Falko

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
FalkoSchulz
SAS Employee

Hi, by default colors are assigned given the data item used for the color role. The default color gradient or fill colors can be changed in the styles tab (View->Styles) if required.

You may also apply additional display rules if you wish to overwrite this behaviour. Details about adding graph-level display rules are in the user guide: https://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/vaug/69957/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n1lptr5t4ek3mxn15rcf...

Hope this helps. Regards, Falko

yangx
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. However, I didn't find view-styles, there is only view->properties, then edit color gradient.  There is no way to change the color of bubble for different regions in the property tab. 

Xiumei

FalkoSchulz
SAS Employee

I'm sorry - I was under the impression you were using Visual Analytics Designer - but given your comment - you may use Visual Analytics Explorer. The Explorer interface has limited options in terms of styling (as it's mainly designed for data exploration purposes). You can adjust the color gradient as you have already discovered. In the Designer interface you can apply additional display rules. Just note, that display rules are based on measures not on categories. So in order to color a specific region you would need to define a display rule expression given one associated measure used in the color or data tip role. Hope this helps. Regards, Falko

yangx
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

Thanks for your reply, it is really helpful. Yes, you are right, I was using geography under data exploration. I'll try geo buble maps under report design tab.

Kind regards,

Xiumei

yangx
Obsidian | Level 7
Sorry, I meant to mark your reply as a solution, but accidently clicked my reply. I didn't find a way to redo it. Thanks.
AnnaBrown
Community Manager

No problem, yangx, that's easy to do. I changed the "accepted solution" for you on this thread to Falko's response.

Best,

Anna

Join us for SAS Community Trivia
SAS Bowl XXIX, The SAS Hackathon
Wednesday, March 8, 2023, at 10 AM ET | #SASBowl

sas-innovate-2024.png

Today is the last day to save with the early bird rate! Register today for just $695 - $100 off the standard rate.

Plus, pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation