BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sidmech
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All

I was starting to install and configure SAS VA client on my desktop but while running the deployement wizard from the depot I there was one section that was completed with errors:

Completed with errors: SAS ODBC Drivers for the Web Infrastructure Platform Data server

Please advised´on how can i rectify the above during installation?

Additionally could you also advise on the below:

• As a user post installation of SAS VA Client on my computer. Where do I find it? Are there any tasks I have to perform prior to using it? Are there any tasks I have to perform regularly?
  • Are there some more configuration tasks after installation?
3 REPLIES 3
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @sidmech,

speaking about Visual Analytics, there are not much clients to install: a web browser with Flash and the SAS Management Console. That's it.

So I don't understand why you have an issue with the "SAS ODBC Drivers for the Web Infrastructure Platform Data server" since this is a server component only. Unless, of course, you are using a wrong plan file or you selected the wrong options during the SAS Clients install.

About your other questions:

- no much post-configurations onclient side, except to create the connection on the SAS Management Console and maybe the certificates if you opted for HTTPS configurations. On the server side, there might be some post-configuration, but not on the client.

All in all, I mostly understand here a misunderstanding on some basic concepts which I am sure you would like to understand better. Did you already explored some training courses with your SAS representative? Some might help a lot.

Best regards,

Juan

sidmech
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Juan. I have only referred to basic installation and configuration guide for SAS VA . I havent explored many training courses yet with the SAS representative . Meanwhile reagrding administration console and groups, (user structures on sas server, can you also point out some reference material in detail??

BR,

Sid

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Of course, regarding administration of VA, if you are owner of a SAS VA License, you can contact SAS Technical Support so they can provide you access to a restricted document named VA Administration Guide under https://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/va/

You mightbe interested as well on the fact that this page contains other restricted documents such as the Installation and Configuration Guides for distributed and non-distributed versions of VA.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation