BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sachinkalra
Obsidian | Level 7
I am using SAS VA 9.4. 
On a sample dataset I have done some data exploration and want to channel that output to VA dashboard/report.
Also I want to test my model on another test data set. I am unable to find any option relevant to that. Please assist in same

in short: 
1.I want to show my predictions/forecast from VS on VA-dashboard and,
2. want to test another sample data on prepared model.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sachinkalra
Obsidian | Level 7

YES.

I was trying to circumvent this whole code interference issue and was actually try to get my model as a node/object as we have in enterprise miner.

The solutions which I have landed upon so far are:

1. Create a data query , call your scoring table and copy paste the score code exported from VS, schedule it and output will keep updating on report on VA.

2. Create a stored process and incorporate that stored process on VA as a object.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MikeJenista
SAS Employee

(1) This is only partially supported for VA 7.4 (which I think is what you have, the last VA 7.X release but with SAS 9.4).  Some objects, like Decision Tree and Forecasting, can be included in reports.  But most of the modeling objects (Linear Regression, Clustering, etc) are not supported objects in reports.

(2) You should be able to export the scoring script from your model if it is a VS model (cluster, LinReg, LogReg, GLM, DTree).  That script can be run in a SAS session against any data with the expected column names for the model.  

Once you have applied the script to a new data set, you can import the results to either VAE or VAD for further analysis or reporting.  For VAD, you would only be able to import the scored values as a column in a table, not the details of the model itself.

sachinkalra
Obsidian | Level 7

YES.

I was trying to circumvent this whole code interference issue and was actually try to get my model as a node/object as we have in enterprise miner.

The solutions which I have landed upon so far are:

1. Create a data query , call your scoring table and copy paste the score code exported from VS, schedule it and output will keep updating on report on VA.

2. Create a stored process and incorporate that stored process on VA as a object.

sachinkalra
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Mike.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation