BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BenDavidson
SAS Employee

Hey folks.

My name is Ben and I wrote the documentation for SAS Visual Scenario Designer 6.3. If you’re interested in learning more about SAS Visual Scenario Designer, check out the recent What is SAS Visual Scenario Designer? article and keep an eye out for future posts in the SAS Visual Analytics community page. If you have any questions about SAS Visual Scenario Designer, post them in this forum and I’ll do my best to answer them. I look forward to future discussions with you!

Sincerely,

Ben

2 REPLIES 2
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your introduction and also the documentation for SAS Visual Scenario Designer. It looks interesting. I have a few questions:

• You mention above you wrote the documentation for SAS Visual Scenario Designer 6.3 - from the version number my initial thought was the product integrates to SAS Visual Analytics version 6.3 onwards or is the version number sequence not aligned between the 2 products? Can you please confirm what versions of SAS Visual Analytics there is integration?
  • Do you require to have SAS Visual Analytics licensed and installed to use SAS Visual Scenario Designer?
  • Do you require to have SAS Visual Statistics licensed and installed to use SAS Visual Scenario Designer?
  • How is the licensing determined? Per seat/server specs etc?

I'm interested to know more about SAS Visual Scenario Designer and noticed the documentation is protected. I've requested SAS Technical Support for the credentials.

Thanks,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
BenDavidson
SAS Employee

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for your feedback, and for your questions. Here are the answers, to the best of my knowledge:

• You mention above you wrote the documentation for SAS Visual Scenario Designer 6.3 - from the version number my initial thought was the product integrates to SAS Visual Analytics version 6.3 onwards or is the version number sequence not aligned between the 2 products? Can you please confirm what versions of SAS Visual Analytics there is integration?
    The version numbers are not aligned between the two products. The first release of SAS Visual Scenario Designer was 6.2 in June of 2014, which was shortly after the 6.4 release of SAS Visual Analytics.
  • Do you require to have SAS Visual Analytics licensed and installed to use SAS Visual Scenario Designer?
    SAS Visual Analytics Administration and Reporting is required by SAS Visual Scenario Designer. SAS Visual Scenario Designer won't support delayed deployment of SAS Visual Analytics Adminstration and Reporting. SAS Visual Scenario Designer does not require a full installation of SAS Visual Analytics, and customers wanting a full installation of SAS Visual Analytics must license it separately.
  • Do you require to have SAS Visual Statistics licensed and installed to use SAS Visual Scenario Designer?
    It is not necessary to have SAS Visual Statistics licensed and installed in order to use SAS Visual Scenario Designer.
  • How is the licensing determined? Per seat/server specs etc?
    For licensing questions, please contact a SAS Account Executive.

Best regards,

Ben

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation