BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
badal
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I am trying to create a report in SAS Visual Analytics Report, using two tables. I have two tables. i can create graph, list, crosstabs seperately using each table in one section, but is it possible that i can create a single list or crosstab using both tables?  Tables has some common fields, not all.

table one.

Year, location, population

Table two

Year, location, disease name,confirm/suspected, numberof cases

So, both table has year and location common. I wanted to get population from table one to table two crosstab.

Any idea how i can do that?

Thanks

Badal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TedStolarczyk
SAS Employee

badal:

The way SAS Visual Analytics is designed, each visualization on the same page/section can point to different data tables, but within the same visualization itself, all the variables/columns must come from the same data table.

If you are linking from Visualization1 (DataTable1) to Visualization2 (DataTable 2) within the same page/section (ala Interactions), or to a different page/section (same report), or to a different page/section (completely different report), you would be prompted to map the source table/variable to the target table/variable.

However, only visual display items in Visualization1 (DataTable1) - the source - can interact/link up with Visualization2 (Data Table2) - the target.  It is not possible to interact/link up items not currently showing within Visualization1 (Data Table1) and expect a linkage with Visualization (Data Table 2).

Sincerely,

Ted Stolarczyk, SAS Customer Loyalty team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TedStolarczyk
SAS Employee

badal:

The way SAS Visual Analytics is designed, each visualization on the same page/section can point to different data tables, but within the same visualization itself, all the variables/columns must come from the same data table.

If you are linking from Visualization1 (DataTable1) to Visualization2 (DataTable 2) within the same page/section (ala Interactions), or to a different page/section (same report), or to a different page/section (completely different report), you would be prompted to map the source table/variable to the target table/variable.

However, only visual display items in Visualization1 (DataTable1) - the source - can interact/link up with Visualization2 (Data Table2) - the target.  It is not possible to interact/link up items not currently showing within Visualization1 (Data Table1) and expect a linkage with Visualization (Data Table 2).

Sincerely,

Ted Stolarczyk, SAS Customer Loyalty team

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation