BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Rhonda
Calcite | Level 5

I am trying to have a crosstabs chart with columns that are driven by filters. For example, a user may check a gender filter (male or female), a race/ethnicity filter (non-underrepresented or underrepresented), a race/ethnicity groups (African American, Asian, White, etc). I would like for my crosstabs to have the columns with measures (numbers of retained students, etc), but with rows of cohort year, and then rows for fields driven by filter selection - so gender, race/ethnicity, and/or race/ethnicity groups ONLY if those fields are checked in the filters above. Is there a way to make this happen? Thanks, Rhonda

1 REPLY 1
TriciaAanderud
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Explore some of the parameter topics to see if you can figure out a trick.

Here's a blog post I wrote about using a dynamic x-axis that might give you some ideas on what is possible:
http://bi-notes.com/2016/07/need-dynamic-x-axis-sas-visual-analytics-report/

Tricia Aanderud

Twitter: @taanderud - Follow me!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation