BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PinkiS
Calcite | Level 5

I have created an aggregated measure and i want to create a Bucket Interval for example = '300 - 500' , '501 - 700' so on using that aggregated measure. I am not able to use aggregated measure directly to create it. Also I can't perform this calculation in data preparation because dynamic calculation require. 

Is there any way to perform it or alternative please let me know? 

6 REPLIES 6
SuryaKiran
Meteorite | Level 14

In Data Builder you can write a CASE as you write in PROC SQL under Expression in Column Editor based on your aggregation.  

Thanks,
Suryakiran
PinkiS
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks For your support

I already tried with your approach but It is not giving a dynamic bucketing, Like in aggregation whenever the selection filter applies it aggregate on the same. But when I am creating it in data preparation in EG or In data builder it does not group dynamically.  For example in data builder-

(TalkTime + HoldTime + WrapTime)/HandledCall it aggregate on the individual row basis and gives default sum which does not give the dynamic Bucketing ,It calculate on a static table, The dynamic calculation only be performed in aggregated Column. Hence creating a bucket in data builder and in calculated column in va gives same result. 

SuryaKiran
Meteorite | Level 14

Can you elaborate your problem with some sample data you have and what you want

Thanks,
Suryakiran
PinkiS
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks support

But as with aggregated measure Category bucket cant be created my problem is not solved. On data level I may apply some alternative but still dynamically cant be change group bucket.

Here I am attaching a example Excel sheet table as per the requirement. 

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Well after some considerable thought, the only way I can think of getting this to work is to pre-summarise the data across your one, two, three categories. Then when you load the data into VA you can change your aggregated measure to just a measure as it now can be dealing with only one row of data instead of multiple rows. A non-aggregated measure can be used in a custom category.

Of course, this isn't going to work if you want to have a different level of aggregation like just say your categories one and two. Possibly you could explore the idea of creating a different data source for each level of aggregation but that is starting to sound messy.

BTW, what type of VA report are you using this data in?

Maybe there are some more experienced VA users out there you can think of a smarter approach.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I would normally use a custom category for this type of problem, but when I tried this it appears you can't use aggregated measures in a custom category, at least not in VA 7.4. Another option for bucketing is a user-defined format, but you can only apply those to existing data items, not calculated items that exist only in VA.

Perhaps if you can explain your aggregated measure in more detail including the level of aggregation we might be able to think of something.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation