BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mrtball
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I'm currently investigating and have a track open looking into why some but not all ACM tables do not load into memory as part of our VA autoload. 

We are getting the error: 'Format .... not found or couldn't be load for variable ....'

We have stepped through multiple investigation steps which led ultimately to the direction of moving the ACM files from their datamart locationto  the autoload location using Proc Cport / Proc Cimport splitting the format move into it's set of code (as per attached code). 

I've looked at various notes and performed various tests that have included:

http://support.sas.com/kb/47/100.html#localized 

1. Copy formats into E:\SAS94\Config\Lev4\SASApp\SASEnvironment\SASFormats on SASAPP > restarted objectspawner re-run code. > followed by Autoload scheduled run – This did not affect the auto load of the data (and did not load all tables into memory).
  2. Restart LASR / VA server’s objectspawner > autoload scheduled run – this did not affect the autoload of the data (and did not load all tables into memory)
  3. Copy Formats catalog file into the location : /opt/sas/config/Lev1/SASApp_VAAR/SASEnvironment/SASFormats/ on the linux server > scheduled autoload – This did not affect the autoload of the data. (and did not load all tables into memory)

Just wondering whether anybody here has seen this kind of behavioud before or has anything i could try to fix this?

Thanks in advance,

2 REPLIES 2
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I apologize if I have misunderstood what is not working. In your autoload implementation, there should be a folder named Formats. For example:

Lev1 > AppData > SASVisualAnalytics > VisualAnalyticsAdministrator > AutoLoad > Formats.

Have you placed your catalogs in that location?

mrtball
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello Madelyn,

Apologies i didn't detail that, we identified that the ACM data is linked to a formats catalog in the location E:\SAS94\Config\Lev4\Web\SASEnvironmentManager\emi-framework\Datamart\evdmfmts on our SASAPP server so are moving that via CPORT / CIMPORT into the Lev1 > AppData > SASVisualAnalytics > VisualAnalyticsAdministrator > AutoLoad > Formats. location.

Thanks,
Tom

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation