BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
plooiman
Calcite | Level 5

We are using Sas Visual Analytics for reporting in combination with SAS Cost and Profitability Management. Our objective is to give our internal customers insights in our IT cost. We would like to be transparant about Unit Cost, about service portfolio and about manageable Cost.

Is there anyone who has experience with these 2 toolings combined and how these tool can be supportive to each other? We would like to get in touch and share ideas about Smart reporting. We are not looking to share thoughts only on Visual Analytics, but especially in combination with SAS CPM. 

3 REPLIES 3
NancyCoderre
SAS Employee

Hi Plooiman,

The SAS Cost and Profitability Management (CPM) Advanced Bundle includes SAS Visual Analytics Administration and Reporting (VAAR). CPM also comes with a Native integration with Visual Analytics for Pushing all of the Content from ABM Directly to VAAR. The Data from the In-Memory Model in CPM is Extracted and a Star Schema is generated in the In-Memory VAAR System. Once is VAAR, All of the information can be very quickly be built into Reports.

This Ease of Use for the Integration between CPM and VAAR, has enhanced the CPM Experience, By Enabliing Better Management Decisions, by giving management direct access to the powerful insight in their Costing Models. I have Spent al Lot of time in the last two years inspiring our Existing customers as they move forward with the CPM >> VAAR Pradigm.

In the CPM 8.1M5 Release, which came out in July, we are Shiping Several VA Reports as Samples included in the CPM Installation.

The Use of these Samples is Documented in Detail in the CPM Users Guide Available Here: http://support.sas.com/documentation/solutions/cost/8.1/abmug.pdf

Take Care

NancyCoderre
SAS Employee

Hi Folks,

I have Attached a PPT, which Includes Several Examples of VA Reports, Based upon a IT Chargeback Model In CPM.

Ping me (Nancy.Coderre@sas.com), If you need Additional Insight.

AnaCornejo
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you Nancy, I think there's a lack of training and guidance for the use of SAS CPM 8.1, I think intermediate users like me already can handle the basics but I would like to learn how to use user formulas and codes to calculate profitability, also to learn more deeply about OLAP views and how can they be more solid for visual analytics.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation