BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rushir_sysware
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

I have been struggling to installed SAS VA(Enviroment Variable) from last couple of days. Everytime I try to configure I get stuck up trying to setup Environment Manager Configuration.

After looking at the Log I found that SAS wasn't able to send the Passoword for DbmsOwner and EVManager to PostGre. The reason I found was that i had special characters like($$) in my postgre password which was recognised by PostGre but not by SAS when sending the Password to Postgre.

So I downloaded PostGre and had to reset the password for dbmsowner and EVmanager  using PGAdmin and removed the special characters and had to re-run the process again.

I hope this will be helpful to the Admin's who are/will be installing SAS Visual Analytic on the servers.

Regards,

Rushir

1 REPLY 1
AnnaBrown
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing this tip, Rushir! I'm going to tag it "admin_va" so it falls into that category of content.

Best,

Anna

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation