BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
milts
Pyrite | Level 9

Does anyone know how the email functionality in SAS VA works? Does it launch a workspace and sends the email through SAS code or is it a different method?

Reason is that we want to track down an issue where the sending of email through SAS VA sometimes takes a while before recipient gets the mail. We want to capture in the log the portion that indicates the email has been sent versus the time recipient actually gets it. It can also be that the bottleneck is somewhere in there mail servers so we're trying to check out all possibilities.

I already checked the following locations below and couldn't find logs referring to the email process.

• <SASConfig>/Lev1/Web/Logs/SASServer12_1
  • <SASConfig>/Lev1/Web/WebAppServer/SASServer12_1/logs
  • <SASConfig>/Lev1/SASApp/WorkspaceServer/Logs

Greatly appreciate any leads to this.

2 REPLIES 2
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Information about email execution is logged in the SASVisualAnalyticsHyperlink.log. This log is located in SAS-configuration-directory/Lev1/Web/Logs/SASServerx_y/, typically SASServer12_1.

milts
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks for the lead. I've managed to check the contents of the log. Unfortunately I didn't see any info regarding the email. Is the logging configuration for SASServer12_1 be set to a certain level (INFO/DEBUG/ERROR) to get reflected in the log?

I've also gone through the other logs in SASServer12_1 (Transport, Viewer, Designer, etc.) but didn't see any info on the email as well.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation