BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
myleha
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi all,

I'm using SVA 8.5 and I have a problem setting user authorization. I'm trying to grant "Read" access for a user but that user can still edit the report.

I have user01 who is supposed to read Report A only. Report A uses Table A. I've set authorization for user01 to "Read" at both Table and Report level but somehow when I logged in as user01, I can still edit Report A. Here are the steps I've done:

1. Set authorization for Table A: user01 can Read only.

myleha_0-1622087454160.png

2. Set authorization for Report A: user01 can Read only.

myleha_1-1622087597195.png

However, when I logged in as user01, I can still edit the report. I don't know what went wrong and how to fix it.

Any help would be much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The ability to edit reports in general is controlled by rules, not permissions. See 

https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/calcdc/3.5/calatf/p0553cen37s4g6n1tlkmh8avbilu.htm

That topic has an example of how to limit access to edit mode. 

Are you trying to prevent the user from editing just this one report, or do you expect him to only be able to view all reports? 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

The ability to edit reports in general is controlled by rules, not permissions. See 

https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/calcdc/3.5/calatf/p0553cen37s4g6n1tlkmh8avbilu.htm

That topic has an example of how to limit access to edit mode. 

Are you trying to prevent the user from editing just this one report, or do you expect him to only be able to view all reports? 

myleha
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi Madelyn!

Thank you for your response. I'll have a look at your link. About your question, I was trying to prevent the user from editing just this one report.
myleha
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Madelyn!

I tried the method in the link, grant the rule in SAS Environment Manager of that specific user to "Read", but the user can still edit the report.

myleha_0-1622195123404.png

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Since you only want to prevent the user from editing that specific report, you do not want to modify the rule that controls general access to edit mode. 

Even though userA can open the report in edit mode, can he really save changes to it? Or is userA prompted to do a Save As to create a new report? 

myleha
Obsidian | Level 7
Yes, userA is prompted to do a Save As
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Since the user has access to edit  mode, you cannot prevent them from opening the report in edit mode. However, your read-only setting should prevent them from making any changes to it. 

myleha
Obsidian | Level 7
I see. Thank you so much, Madelyn!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 2 in conversation