BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
lrozzelle
Calcite | Level 5

Hello.  I have a report section which has a section prompt (drop down menu), as well as 3 additional drop down menus within the section.  All 4 of these menus allow the user to apply criteria which affect a bar graph within the section.  

I need to allow the user to double click on a particular bar within the bar graph, and have a table of data displayed that exactlymatches the data displayed in that graph section, with all 4 of the menu criteria applied.

I know my options are either an info window or report link, but I cant get the menu criteria to apply to the linked data.  I can only apply criteria from variables that are visible in the graph.  Is there a way around this?  I need to have data displayed which is reflective of all variables used from the menus to create the graph the user sees.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
RainmakerNZ
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, not certain i follow the whole question but thought i'd give you my thoughts on this.

The filters/menu selection should work using report or info window interaction from the graph. I believe I have done this without any trouble multiple times in the past.

An alternative/test would to be to add the graph and table in the same section of the report and add an interaction between the menu and graph and then from the graph to the table. Then select the desired result in graph and the table should automatically filter.

Would be interested to hear your result.

lrozzelle
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks,

To clarify.  Lets say the graph has number of sales (y) by state (x).  And I have a section propt that filters the section by year.  Year does not appear in the graph.

When I double click on the "Alabama" bar in the graph, my info window/linked report data table has 'Alabama' data for all years...not just the year selected in the section prompt.  If I select 2016 from the section prompt, then click on the 'Alabama' bar in the graph, I want to see 'Alabama' data for 2016 only.

I understand the idea to include the table, but I cant do that with this report.

Jatin_Jim
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello  Irozzelle,

For the said example in your reply you can try using Group Role for Year or also can try with Lattice Rows or Columns in the graph so you will get each year specified values in your graph report only you will not need to create info window or report link.....

Assign the roles :

(Y) Sales -"Measure value"

(X) State - "Category"

Group or Lattice - Year .

Please let me know if you need more info for the same...

Regards;

Jim

lrozzelle
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks, but no.  I cant modify the graph as it is.  

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation