BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Samundar
Calcite | Level 5

Hi there,

I'm fairly new to SAS Visual Analytics however have extensive BI experience using MicroStrategy and other BI tools. I'm exploring SAS and other leading tools for few key use cases. Here is my scenario we have data output which is statictial model performance data and metrics we need to show are mostly of type Quantile or Histogram or even more complex statistical functions as well. I see histogram is out of box with SAS Visual Analytics which is huge plus over MicroStrategy however I do have some complex function implementation requirement. So my question is other then out of box functionalities what are my options to implement other complex functions. Like for instance MicroStrategy has R-Integration package and also custom function implementation option using C++ hence I'm looking for similar options in SAS. Pleaes feel free to some back with question you may have before making conclusive response. I'm looking forward to hear from SAS guru's / expert to impress me to use to choose SAS BI 🙂 Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

For the current release of VA, I think the only (?) options are to add columns data preparation (visual data builder), or as calculated columns in VA.

But with Viya, VA will offer more ways to integrate, initially Python, Lua, Java, and REST API's. 

I think Viya now is on a Early Adopter/free trial level.

Data never sleeps
Samundar
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for you response @LinusH just to reconfirm at present there is not way to implement custom function correct? How about implementing function in SAS model and using it is as statistical function? Any other way you may think of as calculated column seem pretty basic derived metric feature.

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Perhaps if you describe your requirement in more detail someone might come up with a solution.
Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation