BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sashelp1
Calcite | Level 5

We've been trying to incorporate Column percentages in a crosstab for our new SAS VA report. We are using version 7.5. In the past, we have had the option of creating a distinct count as a column then right clicking it and the ability to add column and row percentages as a pull down option. In this current report, this is not an option. I don't know if it is because the data is so complex or if in this version we lost the ability to do this. I will include a snapshot of the crosstab but will describe the data. In the columns are a course or courses from a specific professor (prior course), the sections, and the grades (prior grade) the students received. The rows consist of courses (post course) the student went to the following semester and the grades (post grade) they receive there. Counts and percentages are given in the vertical for a specific prior course but the percentage refers to the ratio of count (in prior course, section and grade - the column, and in post course and grade - the row) to the total Count in all rows and columns. What I want is percentage of total in column and row, to total in column. Or percentage of prior grade, i.e. A and post grade, i.e. B to total prior grade, i.e. A. The percentage of students who received a prior grade of A and a post grade of B total students who received an prior grade of A.

2 REPLIES 2
sashelp1
Calcite | Level 5

Here is the photo of crosstab. 

sashelp1_0-1646337644723.png

sashelp1
Calcite | Level 5

so to add further explanation: for example, in the A prior grade column, I would want percentage of 21/44, 10/44, 3/44  etc. Thus th epercent of A students who got A's, B's and C's etc in the next course.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation