BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Hi All,

In SAS Visual Analytics 8.1, I am trying to create an action (previously known as interaction) between a gauge on one page and a line chart on another page. (i.e. Page Link)

I am using a calculated item (aggregated measure) on the gauge. On the other hand, I am using a category (date) and same calculated item (aggregated measure) on the line chart.

While I am trying to create an Action between gauge and line chart. I am not seeing any option to select on Action tab.

I want to create an interaction between these two objects. For example, If the user double click on the gauge, it will take the user to the line chart. This was pretty simple in the SAS VA 7.1.

Is there any new restriction or shortcoming in SAS VA 8.1 ?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RickStyll_SAS
SAS Employee

The shortcoming in 8.1 is specific to the gauge object type. Actions, such as report and section links, will be in VA 8.2.

Rick

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TriciaAanderud
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Does not appear to be supported in this release. As far as I can tell - the gauge does not support linking at all.

I tried to recreate what you were describing and the Add button had all the choices grayed out.

Tricia Aanderud

Twitter: @taanderud - Follow me!

RickStyll_SAS
SAS Employee

The shortcoming in 8.1 is specific to the gauge object type. Actions, such as report and section links, will be in VA 8.2.

Rick

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation