BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Alana13
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, 

I'm using SAS Visual Analytics 7.3 in an Amazon AWS Server (LARS) Machine configured as SAS recommendations. I'm displaying a report in an iframe to the user in my application. However, the load time is actually very large (about 1 minute). I have applied some tests and comparisons, and VAViewer.swf(9MB) is the file that most consuming time to download (about 40sec). Is possible to reduce this time?

Thanks in Advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello again @Alana13,

is this happening on every report, or an specific report?

If this is happening on one (or a few reports) but not all, perhaps the bottle neck is on the nature of the component/s or data included in that report. 

If it is on every report, here is my proposal:

- Stop web application servers, clean the cache of the web application servers, start again and check if it keeps being slow.

- Open a track with SAS technical support. If it is an AWS issue, it can only be understood and solved by putting SAS and AWS in communication with each other.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Alana13,

if the case is that the bottleneck is a 9MB file download is slow, probably the best would be to talk to the IT department from both Amazon and your company. Perhaps the bottleneck is on the network or control done on swf files.

Alana13
Calcite | Level 5

Hello @JuanS_OSC,

I have checked my configurations, and test my connections to download from Amazon, and I don't have any problems downloading other files from a server. But, this specific file from VA is taking a lot of time to load in a browser.

You know something about this specific file? Is possible to cache this on the client side (in a different way from browser standard caching). ?

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Have you tried different browsers IE, Chrome, Firefox and do they all have the same problem?

Alana13
Calcite | Level 5
Yes, I have tried on Chrome, Firefox, and IE, the same time consumption in all of them.
Alana13
Calcite | Level 5

Yes. I have tested on all big audience browsers, and the slowness persists.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello again @Alana13,

is this happening on every report, or an specific report?

If this is happening on one (or a few reports) but not all, perhaps the bottle neck is on the nature of the component/s or data included in that report. 

If it is on every report, here is my proposal:

- Stop web application servers, clean the cache of the web application servers, start again and check if it keeps being slow.

- Open a track with SAS technical support. If it is an AWS issue, it can only be understood and solved by putting SAS and AWS in communication with each other.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation