BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SilinBorro
Quartz | Level 8

HI,

I 've got in our SAS VA 7.1 platform a table, that is updated each 10 minutes.

I built a report showing its data items. How can automatically update this report, in order the user

always sees the las last records added in the table?.

Thanks a lot!

Silvia

2 REPLIES 2
SASKiwi
PROC Star

What do you mean by "automatically update"? Bearing in mind that a SAS VA report is simply a bunch of HTML being viewed in a web browser, if the user takes no action in the browser then what is displayed isn't going to change unless there is some background app doing it.

If on the other hand the user refreshes the view in the browser (function key F5 for most browsers) one would expect that the report would refresh. Is this what you mean by "automatically update" - when F5 is pressed the latest data will show? Or it will refresh without human intervention?

According to this very interesting paper: http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings16/SAS5963-2016.pdf

automatic refreshes without human intervention are possible but you will need to upgrade to VA 7.3 and use a modern-style report not classic.

SilinBorro
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks!!!

I'll  read the paper.

The idea was without human intervention.

Greetings.

Silvia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation