BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Devanand16
Calcite | Level 5

Could anyone help me finding documentation for SAS VA updgrade from 6.4 to 7.1. we have a SAS VA 6.4 Non distributed in Linux environment.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
gregraka
SAS Employee

Hi,

The Visual Analytics Installation and Configuration Guide contains information on upgrading to a later version. Refer to the appendix, "Managing Your SAS Visual Analytics Deployment" for this information.

The VA 7.1 docs are located here:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/solutions/va/#va71

Let us know how it goes!

--Greg

Devanand16
Calcite | Level 5

That was so helpful Greg!

Right now we have SAS VA 6.4 and received an ESD for SAS VA 7.2 couple of days ago. Do i need to do anything before deploying the new version so that i don't mess up with the old version?.i mean can i directly follow the document "Deploying SAS VA (Non-Distributed LASR)"

gregraka
SAS Employee

Devan,

For VA on a distributed SAS LASR Server, the VA install doc spells out everything that you need to do.

For VA on a NON-distributed SAS LASR Server, the upgrade process is similar I am told.

Again, refer to the "Managing Your SAS Visual Analytics Deployment" appendix in the install guide.

Good luck,

--Greg

gregraka
SAS Employee

Devan,

I thought that you might be interested to know that for release 7.3, we have added a new appendix on upgrading to the VA 7.3 install guide for *non-distributed LASR*.

It is located here:

SAS Visual Analytics Documentation

Thanks,
--Greg

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation