BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
pgadde
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

When i export the SAS VA report which has tabular data into EXCEL using detailed data option. The date column is showing SAS date instead of the actual value. Is this a bug?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pgadde
Obsidian | Level 7

Actually i found the solution to this issue. I need to select both the formatted and detailed data check boxes for the data to be in correct format. If I select only detailed then the date formatting is gone.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Please post an example of what is a "SAS date" and what is an "actual value". I suspect this is just another example of Excel guessing what data format you want and changing it accordingly.

pgadde
Obsidian | Level 7
Hi,

Below is the value of the date when exported as formatted

April 2, 2019 12:00:00 AM

But when exported as detailed the value in that date column (Service date) changes to 43556
and it is constant for all the rows.
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

When you export detailed data, do you have the Formatted check box enabled as well? 

pgadde
Obsidian | Level 7

Actually i found the solution to this issue. I need to select both the formatted and detailed data check boxes for the data to be in correct format. If I select only detailed then the date formatting is gone.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Please update this post as answered since you have found a solution.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation