BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
badal
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I am using SAS VA 7.1 hotfix 3. I am kind of new in VA.

I was exploring functions that are supported in SAS VA (report design). And in one place

(http://www.listendata.com/2016/05/sas-visual-analytics-change-variable.html )

i found the discussion suggested using a function 'Parse' to convert a text variable to numeric.

I tested and it looked like it worked because there was no error message and the new calculated variable was in the numeric variable area.

i think i did not see the function in the calculated item area and as far as i can remember did not even see in the user guide. Please tell me if i am wrong.

So, my final question is, if it (Parse function) works, as i tested, then what are the other functions, is there any list anywhere, that i can use and those are not in the VA report design interface?

Thanks for your help.

Badal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

Check the doc: Operators for Data Expressions for more information

Bruno

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

Check the doc: Operators for Data Expressions for more information

Bruno

badal
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks Bruno,

I saw the the Function there, i missed before. Thanks

Badal

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation