BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi All,

I have a va report which is generating the many reports(different objects) based on 100 departments.

when I give access to each department by creating separate group for each dept and assigned the empid to the group and granted the read permission.

my problem is all department people can see the all the report of all departments so I do not want to see deptA report deptB and vice versa.

Can we restrict the report by entering the their empid then only report will open for their department related ? or anyother best idea .

2 REPLIES 2
Mickey_SAS
SAS Employee
I'm not 100% sure based on the description, but if all departments exist in the same data table(s), then you may benefit from using row level security. There is a good blog on this here

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/Examples-of-row-level-security-in-SAS-Viya/ta...
vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9
Hi Thank you
Yes you understood it right. But in my case as I mentioned i have many dept..like 100 so do I need to create these many user groups? to grant the row-level grant permission. Hence I can give another clue is in my table deptname and empid also exist to know whose belongs to which dept, so will it will help to avoid creating dept wise user groups ?
also I am still not clear about upcase(department) in ('SUB::SAS.IdentityGroups')
but not sales department same statement.
thank you very much

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation